The evidence-based business case for gender diversity is well documented and widely accepted internationally.
But while the lack of gender diversity at board level is a hot topic, effective action to break down barriers and bring about real change has proved challenging.
As leaders in the public and private sectors, 25 Percent Group members have the power to challenge and change the status quo. Each of us has pledged to lead by example, increasing women’s participation in senior positions within our own organisations, and to encourage our business peers to do the same. Our goal is simple – 25 percent female participation on boards by 2015.
The group’s focus on gender diversity is the first step towards ensuring that boards of the future capture the full benefits of diverse thinking.
top reads:from "why diversity of thinking"
- The Diversity Advantage
- Beyond 'if not, why not': The pathway to directorship for women in leadership
- From bank teller to boardroom Joan Withers shares experiences with Waikato directors
- Women in Power: Governance, Government and Leadership
- One key to gender balance– 20-First Century Leadership flipbook
- Gender Diversity: It’s time to step up